Thursday 11 April 2013

J is for Judge



I am a judge for Yorkshire in Bloom   http://www.yorkshireinbloom.co.uk
In this capacity, I am privileged to be able to visit villages, allotments, residential gardens, workplaces and schools who enter this competition.  I am always amazed at the effort and creativity which goes into the entries.  Individuals and groups use their own time to plant and maintain their areas making beautiful spaces for us to enjoy.

 
 A display on a village green

 A beautiful display of roses and annuals at a business premises on an industrial estate


 My nephew has just been made a judge (Queen’s Counsel) at a relatively young age.  He has a new, longer wig and a silk gown.   I could do with them!  Seriously, though, I’m very proud of him.

 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Cool plantings!

    Visiting from the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge page -

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be able to see so many gardens! If I were a judge, that's the kind of judge I would want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at gardens, even though I'm hopeless at gardening (except for my amazing ability to grow weeds!)

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...