Saturday 8 January 2011

2011: ....... in with the new

Happy New Year

Babysat New Years Eve but was woken at midnight by a cacophony of fireworks.  Kids back at school/nursery and everyone is getting back to normal after, what has been for most, a very long holiday.  I'm not working until next week but have spent the week visiting dentist, hairdresser and supermarket; mundane stuff.

My pilates class has folded so I returned to Claire's group where I was welcomed like a long lost friend.

No improvement in the weather.  In fact we had a heavy snowfall on Friday.  Went with Val to York Designer Outlet and bought a couple of tops.
 

Garden looking sad but I felt better after watching Carol Klein's new series filmed at her garden at Glebe Cottage where I saw similar scenes.  What am I like, comparing my garden with hers!

Reading Old Filth by Jane Gardham; her descriptive writing is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...